Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marshmallow Cupcakes Forum Index -> Warlock/Mage/Shadow Priest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrosite
Core Raider
Gummy Bear

Gummy Bear

re: Updated info for prot pallies

So first off to address some changes in stat priorities in prot pally tanking.  In mid-January the prot pally attunment "Sacred Duty" was upped from 5% extra haste from items to 30% extra haste from items. This altered the priority of haste to be more in line of the other tanks which preferred to stack the stat to which they were attuned.  There are lv 100 talent selections which alter the priorities of the remaining stats.  I really like using Holy Shield with the tier gear from BRF since it meshes nicely with the tier bonuses (increased block chance and value working in conjunction with causing damage each time I block).

Given holy shield is used the priority is:

Bonus Armor > Haste / Mastery > Versatility > Multistrike > Crit

In situations where my personal DPS is of extreme importance and the above teir bonuses are unavailable (Mythic Butcher is the only example that comes to mind)  I opt for Seraphim which has the follow priority: Bonus Armor > Haste > Versatility > Crit / Multistrike / Mastery

One thing to note is that these are stat priorities for survivability, not necessarily DPS, although I would argue that dead tanks have lower DPS. Also this is based on Mythic BRF ilvl gear.

On the topic of haste cap, I need 3858 character sheet haste rating (2968 raw rating) in order to obtain 50% haste while raid buffed. with that ludicrous goal, I feel comfortable that I will not reach that number for a long ass time. For the record I am currently at 2010 character sheet haste rating.  In the event that I do choose to go Seraphim when I drop 2pc from BRF, the raw haste cap becomes 2218.

The following is the BiS list that I have compiled based on the above information:

Head: Helm of the Ceaseless Vigil

Neck: Contained Fel Orb Locket

Shoulders: Shoulderplates of the Ceaseless Vigil

Back: Ironthread Greatcloak

Chest: Cuirass of the Ceaseless Vigil

Wrist: Breach-Scarred Wristplates

Gloves: Gautlets of the Ceaseless Vigil

Belt: Girdle of Demonic Wrath

Pants: Legguards of Grievous Consonances

Feet: Treads of the Defiler

Ring 1: Mar'tak's Rugged Seal

Ring 2: Sanctus, Sigil of the Unbroken

Trinket 1: Anzu's Cursed Plume

Trinket 2: Tyrant's Decree

Main hand: Iron Skullcrusher

Shield: Smouldercore Bulwark

Raw haste= 2071

Side note:  I did not list my Archimonde Trinket as BiS since it triggers at such high HP.  That being said, once the other paladins in the group have gotten it, I would like one to at least try it.

Most of my information has come from Sacred Duty, which has been the only prot pally blog that hasn't been outright abandoned.  Most of the information meshes fairly well against other mainstream site like noxxic and icy-veins, but i err on the side that gives justification for their stance when there is disagreement (that being sacred duty).

Xiaofreedom

re: TICKLZ BITCHZ (a home for locks and pallies)

Demo BiS list from MMO champ 

BiS Raid gear:
Head | Shadow Council's Hood | Kromog | Blackrock Foundry
Neck | Gruul's Lip Ring | Gruul | Blackrock Foundry
Shoulders | Shadow Council's Mantle | Operator Thogar | Blackrock Foundry
Back | Runefrenzy Greatcloak | Kromog | Blackrock Foundry
Chest | Shadow Council's Robes | Flamebender Ka'graz | Blackrock Foundry
Wrists | Bracers of Darkened Skies | Trash Drop | Blackrock Foundry/Highmaul
Hands | Toothbreaker Grips | Oregorger | Blackrock Foundry
Waist | Seeking Ember Girdle | Beastlord Darmac | Blackrock Foundry
Legs | Shadow Council's Leggings | The Blast Furnace | Blackrock Foundry
Feet | Cavedweller's Climbers | Gruul | Blackrock Foundry
Ring | Spellbound Runic Band of the All-Seeing Eye | Quest | Legendary Questline
Ring | Uk'urogg's Corrupted Seal | Iron Maidens | Blackrock Foundry
Trinket | Blackiron Micro Crucible | Blackhand | Blackrock Foundry
Trinket | Goren Soul Repository | Oregorger | Blackrock Foundry
Main Hand/Staff | Inferno-Flame Staff | Gruul | Blackrock Foundry

Xiaofreedom

Prime Bosses to coin as a lock

EDIT: Since we are in heroic, Trinkets and Tier pieces are the priority

1. Gruul Enough said he has 3 pices that all aff and demo locks need

2. Tier Head,(Kromog), Shoulders (Operator Thogar), Chest (Flamebender Ka'graz), Legs (Blast Furnace) 

3. Black Hand (Tier token and Blackiron Micro Crucible)

4. Oregorger (Goren Soul Repository and Toothbreaker Grips)  

Last edited by Xiaofreedom on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Ticklz
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
Sorted by absolute DPS gain for 0pc -> 4pc

Sim length:
300 sec (20% variance)
Spec 2pc Gain %
4pc Gain (from 0pc)
%
4pc Gain (from 2pc)
% Tier 0pc dps 2pc dps 4pc dps   Targets: 1
Fire 1761 4.16 5161 12.20 3400 7.72 V 42301 44062 47462  
Gearsets used:
BRF BiS
Elemental 3118 7.46 4995 11.95 1877 4.18 P 41809 44927 46804   Iterations: 10k
Arms 1449 3.55 4496 11.03 3047 7.22 P 40769 42218 45265   Simc Version: 603-23
Arcane 1515 3.17 4230 8.85 2715 5.51 V 47803 49318 52033   Date: 1/13/2015
Fury_1h 611 1.43 4149 9.71 3538 8.16 P 42722 43333 46871  
Any changes to the classes or simcraft since this date are NOT included

Combat 1061 2.65 4025 10.04 2964 7.20 V 40095 41156 44120      
Fury_2h 746 1.74 4020 9.39 3274 7.52 P 42815 43561 46835  
Dutchmagoz - MCO @ Shadowsong

Feral 1102 2.68 3785 9.22 2683 6.36 V 41052 42154 44837    
Balance 2222 5.24 3769 8.89 1547 3.47 V 42387 44609 46156      
Subtlety 2863 6.64 3759 8.71 896 1.95 V 43146 46009 46905      
Destruction 1315 3.37 3404 8.73 2089 5.18 C 38975 40290 42379      
Affliction 1945 4.92 3311 8.37 1366 3.29 C 39545 41490 42856      
Assassination 2357 5.89 3296 8.24 939 2.22 V 40007 42364 43303      
Marksmanship 1563 3.89 3266 8.12 1703 4.08 P 40224 41787 43490      
Retribution 840 2.02 3226 7.77 2386 5.63 C 41516 42356 44742      
Ticklz
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

SET BONUSES!!!!!!!

quoted from reddit

Affliction

• 2 pieces: While channeling Drain Soul on a target afflicted by your Corruption, Unstable Affliction, and Agony, the chance for Nightfall to activate is increased by 5%.

• 4 pieces: When Nightfall activates, the cooldown of Dark Soul is reduced by 10 sec.

Comments - pretty boring. 2pc is a flat DPS gain when playing the spec correctly. Ensuring Unstable Affliction has a 99%+ uptime is essential, but that's already a thing. This should make Soulburn:Haunt more viable in a single target scenario as gear scales better leaving Demonic Servitude behind. The 4pc bonus will be interesting as it introduces yet another element of RNG. With AD, your Dark Soul could be up A LOT depending on how this works with the recharging system. This will make lining Dark Soul up with trinkets easier by giving you more uptime with DS to line up with RPPM procs. Simulating the tier bonuses shows the 4pc Affliction bonus to be about a 4.5% DPS gain in a single target situation.

Demonology

• 2 pieces: Hand of Gul'dan has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed.

• 4 pieces: Hand of Gul'dan now has 1 additional maximum charge, and Corruption has a 2% chance to generate 1 charge of Hand of Gul'dan when dealing damage.

Comments - 2pc is a passive DPS gain. This pet does NOT generate Demonic Fury. He's just cool as shit to see. The wording of this set bonus is stupid. It basically drops a mini Metamorphosis form that does some Soul Fires. That's it. The 4pc is disgustingly awesome. This increases DPS in caster form, increases Demonic Fury generation, and greatly increases splash AoE from Hand of Gul'dan with an extra charge or increases burst by giving you 3 Chaos Wave charges. Ensuring Corruption is up 100% of the time is already a thing, but you'll want to make sure you're never at 3 charges as to not waste a proc. This also increases Demonology's DPS on heavy movement fights giving you an extra charge of a spell you can use while moving. DPS simulations on single target show the 4pc bonus to be worth approximately 5.5-6% DPS gain.

Destruction

• 2 pieces: When Immolate deals damage it has a 4% chance to generate a full Burning Ember.

• 4 pieces: When a Burning Ember is filled up, you have a chance to cause your next Chaos Bolt to multistrike 3 additional times.

Comments - 2pc is nice - 4% on single target means you can expect a free Burning Ember approximately every 25 ticks, or about once per 50 seconds on single target. If you keep Immolate applied in a 2 target scenario, you can expect a free BE every 25 seconds. This changes how many BE you hover around. Instead of building to 3.5 and pushing a Chaos Bolt off to make sure you don't cap, you'll want to do this closer to 2.8-3.0 to make sure you don't overlap a proc. The 4pc bonus is MAGNIFICENT to watch. You can literally shoot out 5 extra Chaos Bolts. Since Multistrikes do 30% additional damage, you're getting 2.5 Chaos Bolts for the price of 1 if your natural Multistrike happens along with the proc. There is a buff you need to monitor when a Burning Ember fills, much like the T16 4pc bonus giving you 15% critical strike after filling an Ember. Simulations on this 4pc bonus show an approximate 4-4.5% DPS gain.

Warlock set bonuses kick ass - acquire at all costs. Save your coins now and coin for trinkets and tier at all costs. If you're only running LFR, now is the time to hone your skills and raid at least Normal modes for a chance of acquiring set bonuses.

I will get TONS of questions on whether you should drop down from a 685 piece to a 665 piece if it is a tier piece. I'll have to run simulations on it, but it's looking like all the 4pc bonuses are worth losing a small amount of Intellect, but not too much. It might be worth dropping a tier, but not likely more than 15 item levels.

Xiaofreedom

Updated Scaling As per Guides on MMO Champ

Aff:

Int > SP > Mastery ~= Haste > Crit ~= Mult ~= Vers

Demo:

Int > Mast > Haste > Crit > Multi > Vers

Destruction :

With GoSup/GoServ, Int > Haste/Crit >= Mastery > Multi > Vers
With GoSac, Int > Mastery >= Haste/Crit > Multi > Vers

Keeping in mind that all these are at BiS raid gear. Simcraft will always show a better representation of what you should be using.

Xiaofreedom

6.1 Hyp

In my opinion only time we should be using AD is when there is no movement. ie butcher. This pushes KJC to become more viable as it will line up well with times we will have to move.

Grimoire of service is a interesting buff, It will push it more ahead of synergy on single target (this is for demo) with and estimate that it will be on par with 2 targets and synergy winning with 3 + targets

Ticklz
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

im keeping it this way in anticipation of our new lock, as soon as aselya finds them Happy

Ironjezus

Yeah thats a good idea Heff.

Heffney

Ticklz we don't have any locks, so you should just rename this place to Ticklz Pally Palace

Ironjezus

I miss the haste :-(. You got the stats spot on so far for Prot Ticklz, and thanks again for the sim you did on me. Looking forward to heroic and Ticklz since it's just you and me, I might call you daddy wink.

Ticklz
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

re: Warlocks

As above, but for locks

Demo

• Multistrike = Mastery > Int > Crit > Vers > Haste

Destro

• Multistrike > Crit > Mastery > Int > Vers = Haste

Affli

• Haste > Mastery > Multistrike > Int > Crit > Vers
Ticklz
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

re: Paladins

Here are the "basic" pally stat priorities, there are several different viable builds out there, especially for holy and ret.  If you find any additional data you feel is more relevant... POST AWAY :)

Holy

• Int > Haste > Crit > Vers > Multistrike > Mastery

Prot

• Bonus Armor > Mastery > Vers > Crit > Multistrike > Haste

Ret

• Str > Haste(9.52% soft cap) >Mastery >Vers > Multistrike > Crit
    • you WANT to reach the soft cap asap, if you are running empowered seals, you want to avoid any extra haste, as u will have too many buttons with not enough globals... for Seraphin build, keep stacking haste like the old days.

Last edited by Ticklz on Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Ticklz
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

Welcome Paladins and Warlocks to our own little corner of the forums.  Here is the place to discuss builds, stat priority, gems/enchants, and any other topics related to gear and loot.

Once we get a little deeper into WoD, i will post the "generic, one size fits all" stat priorities for all specs, HOWEVER, this does not by any means mean you have to follow these builds to the letter, this is just the basic tool used to assign loot if you have not specified anything else.  If you have a specific build you want to follow, or want that one "off the wall" trinket, feel free to post below.

While I will be watching over all locks and pallies for general performance/loot, this does not mean I will do your work for you.  You are still expected to be the master of your own class. To Further that, I ask that you post below(if you care about it) your best in slot lists so we can try to get you and everyone else geared as efficiently as possible.  My goal here is not to be "Big Brother" and scrutinize every keystroke you make, and more then likely wont look over your shoulder unless there is an issue with performance.  What I WILL be watching is gearing.  For example, if you get your BiS mythic weapon, and then don't enchant or equip it for 3 weeks, this will be noted and will effect further gearing decisions

"You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit".  Remember this little gem for kindergarten? Well, it applies here as well.  The whole concept of the loot counsel may not "feel" entirely fair all the time, but be assured, gear will always be distributed in the most efficient manor, and the number one rule of the guild applies here stronger then anywhere else: NO DRAMA. If you do not get gear you feel you are entitled to, remember no bitching in open channels.  The same goes for if you GET a piece of gear, please do not announce/ brag about getting more gear then others, this can cause problems where none need to be, and add an additional layer of tension to the already stressful raiding environment.

However, I do not want you to feel you have no say in the gear that drops.  When a piece of significant gear drops (ie. BIS, 2 or 4 piece, or something you flat out just want) please whisper me your case so I can better advocate on your behalf.  The same goes for if you (for whatever reason) don't necessarily want a certain piece of loot. Let us know so we can find that loot a better home.

When you get gear, use it.  As I touched on earlier, when a piece of loot is assigned to you, you are expected to have it enchanted/gemmed/equipped before the next raid.  Raid time is not really the place to "test" new builds/ideas, so please show up for raid with what you have confirmed as your strongest/best build

Finally, if you have a problem with me or any other raid member, or feel you are not being treated fairly, please let me know so we can address the problem. At the end of the day, THIS IS A GAME.  Our ultimate goal is to have fun and clear content. There is nothing wrong with good natured griefing, as long as it stays good natured.  For the sake of confusion, any general guild questions should be directed at me, since the other officers have their own classes/players to tend to.

All in all, I have seen this guild withstand the test of time.  As the most senior member of the roster, I remember the creation of the guild as well as the first night we walked into MSV together.  While the faces have changed, our values have not.  We are, at the end of the day, a casual guild with a hardcore outlook at the game.  We will persevere, and we will clear this tier of content as well as future expansions.  AND WE WILL DO SO IN THE NAME OF MELTED SUGAR AND EGGS TOPPING SMALL YET DELISIOUS BITE SIZED MORELS OF FLOUR, EGGS, AND MORE SUGAR...

ie. <Marshmallow Cupcakes>

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marshmallow Cupcakes Forum Index -> Warlock/Mage/Shadow Priest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: