Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marshmallow Cupcakes Forum Index -> Rogue/Hunter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carosel
Officer
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

re: Pure's Preserve: a refuge for pure DPS (cept creepy Locks)

Hey guys.  Just wanted to touch base with a bit of a state of the union now that we have a drop date for BrF.

With a few weeks left, before we have entirely new loot tables to worry about, I wanted to make sure I was aware of you guys' plans moving into BrF.

Going into HM we all had targeted a single spec but, with particular loot drops and spec specific fights, it seems we are all (at least) working on 2nd specs. The good news is (based on what I understand) gear synergizes reasonably well between the specs for the most part.

Below is what I understand stat priorities are for the following specs based on what it looks like we are playing:

Frost :: Multi >>> pretty much everything else w/ most other secondaries coming in close

Arcane :: Mastery > Multi = Haste

Marks :: Crit (to 50%) = Multi > Vers

Survival :: Multi >> Vers = Crit

Combat :: Haste > Multi > Crit = Vers

Sub :: Multi = Mast > Crit

If you guys are looking to stat otherwise (for whatever reason) let me know so we're on the same page for what loot you want.  Also, make sure to update me with what slots you are preferring/targeting for tier gear, what trinkets, and what weapons/OHs you want if needed or you haven't done so to this point.

Any ???s or concerns let me know.

VAJITARIAN
Core Raider
Goober

Goober

Wishlist

Tier-shoulders, chest, gloves, legs

Trinket-Captive Micro-Aberration and Humming black-iron trigger, for highmaul scales of doom

Bow-Mouth of the fury, Garan's brutal spear launcher, Crystalline branch of the brackenspore

carosel
Officer
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

Alright on the eve of Highmaul eve I wanted to post where things stand atm.

It looks like everyone has met the raid requirement of a 530 in each slot so well done and much appreciated.

As we head into the 1st raid tier (and actual 1st raid) I wanted to keep you guys posted on what I know and what I am looking at.  We will complete Highmaul normal on Tuesday then begin Heroic Highmaul Thursday.  As we will be working on Mythic strats for these fights we may spend a little more time on certain bosses than necessary so be prepared for that.

From my communication with you guys it seems we are all going with the 'top' specs for each class so, for the time being, I will limit my focus on those specs.

For the purpose of gear I will consider the following stat weights so please communicate alternate considerations. My experience is somewhat limited and I know stat weights are fluid (i.e. mastery > multi for sub rogue in higher gear) so don't hesitate to let me know if you feel I'm off base.

Sub Rogue: Multi > Mast > Crit > Vers > Haste

Frost Mage: Multi > Vers = Crit > Mast > Haste

MM Hunter: Crit > Multi > Vers > Haste > Mast

I look forward to Tuesday.  Cya in Highmaul.

carosel
Officer
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

To piggyback above, let me know your wish lists for tier pieces, weap(s), and trinks when you know them. ie

Politik's Wish List:

Sub Rogue

Tier: head, shoulders, chest, & hands.

Weap: double oregorger

Trinks: beating heart & scales of doom

carosel
Officer
Hershey Kiss

Hershey Kiss

Greetings Hunters, Mages, and Rogues!

I will be class officer for us moving into Warlords.  To echo a bit what the other class officer's have stated, and what was touched on in our meeting, I will be responsible for ensuring we are properly geared and performing to expectations.  Essentially, I will be making sure we all get properly geared to reach the ilvl requirements, making sure we get the right gear for our class/spec, and keeping tabs on what items/slots we upgrade.  Communication is the key so don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions/concerns related to the raid (feel free to add my BTag: filth12#1438). If there are any issues with roster status, loot distribution, personality conflicts, etc. please bring them to me first and, hopefully, we can resolve things amongst ourselves.

My classes are unique in the fact we are all pure DPS classes so we can definitely use this thread as way to communicate amongst each other as well.  I expect you guys to keep up with your class specifics, especially as they pertain to boss encounters, but I will be keeping tabs for all 9 specs and we should have multiple representatives from each class so lets talk ideas out as they come up.

Ultimately, I will be posting stat weights for all 9 specs that I will be monitoring.  This will help the loot council in quickly determining what drops will go to what toons. That said, I am very much aware (especially early in an xpac) that these are fluid as the math nerds pound all this info out.  What I post will also be fluid and I encourage you guys to advise me what you are seeing re: your class/spec so I can edit accordingly.

Lastly, I'd like for you guys to let me know what spec you're looking to run in (Marks is looking beastly and Frost/Sub appear to be the front runners out the gate), what tier slots your wanting to fill, and what Weap(s)/Trinks you consider BiS.  No particular rush on this but would appreciate the info as soon as you guys figure that out.

Looking forward to the new xpac, getting you now you guys better, and killing some internet Orcs!

Politik ~ your consort in the shadows

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marshmallow Cupcakes Forum Index -> Rogue/Hunter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: