Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marshmallow Cupcakes Forum Index -> Druids/Monks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aselya
Officer
Milky Way

Milky Way

re: Balance Druid

Balance Druid

Tier Set

2pc: Your Moonfire and Sunfire have a chance to summon a Faerie Dragon to assist you in battle for 30 sec.

4pc: When a Faerie Dragon is summoned, your Arcane and Nature damage is increased by 8% for 30 seconds.

It has been confirmed that the 4 pc does not stack with each proc, but the 30 seconds refreshes each time a dragon is spawned so you should be able to keep this buff up pretty permanently. Also, it looks like it was nerfed to only increase your arcane and nature damage by 6% but the set in the dungeon journal still says 8% so I'm not sure what is going on there. It seems, also to be worth breaking your t17 4 pc in order to get your t18 2 set because the faerie dragons alone are accounting for about 10 percent of the boomkin's single target damage. 

Trinkets

The recent sims (run at 10,000 iterations) show the following for trinket priority:

1. Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia (mythic)
  2. Iron Reaver Piston (mythic)
  3. Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia (heroic)
  4. Chipped Soul Prism
  5. Prophecy of Fear (mythic)
  6. Sandman's Pouch (level 6)
  7. Goren Soul Repository (mythic)
  8. Unblinking Gaze of Sethe (mythic)
  9. Stone of the Elements
  10. Iron Reaver Piston (heroic)
  11. Darmac's Unstable Talisman (mythic)
  12. Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia
  13. Blackiron Micro Crucible (mythic)
  14. Seed of Creation (mythic)
  15. Prophecy of Fear (heroic)
  16. Sandman's Pouch (level 5)
  17. Goren Soul Repository (heroic)
  18. Stone of the Wilds
  19. Unblinking Gase of Sethe (heroic)
  20. Seed of Creation (heroic)
  21. Darmac's Unstable Talisman (heroic)
  22. Iron Reaver Piston
  23. Shards of Nothing (mythic)
  24. Blackiron Micro Crucible (heroic)
  25. Prophecy of Fear
  26. Sandman's Pouch (level 4)
  27. Goren Soul Repository
  28. Seed of Creation

Seed of Creation is the Archimonde trinket that drops for druids. What this does is give you a chance (based on ilvl of the trinket, with it being 100 percent chance at mythic warforged) to proc starfall after casting starsurge. From above, it looks like the trinket is not much worth it until it is Mythic or in situational fights like Assault where there is one add that is supposed to be focused and a bunch of trash adds to aoe down. The best trinket to have by far is the drop off of Hellfire High Council "Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia" which gives you a flat amount of mastery and procs int. The next best after that is the Iron Reaver Piston and those 2 will probably be the go to trinkets until a mythic seed of creation can be gotten. The SoC will then be rotated with the Iron Reaver piston depending on the fight. Getting the normal or heroic version of SoC is nice and can help with certain fights but it doesn't stand out as completely necessary to have right away which surprises me because all I've heard is that it's great. Sims suggest otherwise for the time being however. Pretty much all of the trinkets are nice, and I really need input from Boomkins about which they would prefer for their playstyle. Otherwise, I'll be recommending what sims show to be best or what I think is best so please let me know.

Stat Priority

With the Tier 18 and the trinket the stats are all pretty even but the cookie cutter guide is:

Mastery > Crit > Haste ~= Multi > Vers

All secondary stats besides Versatility are fairly good for boomkins depending on how they want to play. Mastery is the recommended best secondary with Crit and haste situational. 

Best in Slot

Head: Oathclaw Healm: Kormrok

Neck: Vial of Immiscible Liquid: Xhul'horac

Shoulder: Oathclaw Mantle: Xhul'horac

Back: Shawl of Sanguinary Ritual: Kilrogg

Chest: Oathclaw Vestment: Mannoroth

Wrist: Manacles of Multitudes: Zakuun

Gloves: Felfinger Runegloves: Archimonde

Belt: Belt of Misconceived Loyalty: Shadwo-Lord Iskar

Pants: Oathclaw Leggings: Gorefiend

Boots: Oppressor's Merciless Treads: Velhari

Ring 1: Legendary

Ring 2: Loathful Encrusted Band: Velhari

Trinket: Give me your input

Weapon: Edict of Argus (Archimonde weapon drop) OR Spur of the Great Devourer: Gorefiend

Aselya
Officer
Milky Way

Milky Way

re: 6.2 Druids and Monks

Restoration Druid

So resto druids seem to have remained rather consistent through the patch. The stat weights still remain the same as they always have, allowing a little room for selectivity between Haste and Mastery depending on which you like to play with more.

Intellect > Spirit (until you are comfortable) > Haste >= Mastery > Multistrike > Critical Strike > Versatility

Most druids are ok with their spirit quite low and some list the stat priority as such:

Intellect > Haste >= Mastery  > Multistrike > Critical Strike > Versatility > Spirit

but this is based off of mana comfortability. 

How good is my tier?

Well it was really good initially, until blizzard nerfed it, which it probably needed. Now it is a decent upgrade to tank/single target (or dual target) healing.

Item - Druid T18 Restoration 2P Bonus (New) Your Lifebloom has a 30% chance to bloom when it periodically heals.

Item - Druid T18 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) You can Lifebloom two targets at once.

Originally the 2 piece was a 60% chance to bloom when lifebloom periodically heals but it was cut in half after it was obvious this was too OP. It has been mentioned that this set may also synergize with the Glyph of Blooming which increases the heal of your bloom by 50% when lifebloom expires on the target but reduces it's duration on the target by 5 seconds and Healing Touch and Regrowth no longer refresh it's duration. If this is the case, it could be really good to use but rather annoying to keep reapplying it so often. I havn't found anyone confirm this working but would be rather surprised if it did considering the wording of "when it expires". Technically the two piece does not expire the HoT and wouldn't really fit into the glyph in that case. 

What about the Archimonde Trinket?

Flourish: Your Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Genesis ticks have a 2% chance to also heal other allies within 8 yds.

This looks to be a fairly decent trinket to use at any time (unless the raid is extremely spread out) as it doesn't change your play style at all and basically flat increases the healing of your main spells by making them duplicate. However, this could still be slightly stack situational and other trinkets could be prefered over this for some fights. It's exciting to note, however, that with the four piece and two lifeblooms if tanks are anywhere near each other this makes it even better. 

All in All

Blizzard seems intent upon making druids better tank healers (which I thought they already were, they just weren't played that way by most people) and their tier bonus' reflect that.

BiS List

Head - Oathclaw Helm - Kormrok T18.

Neck - Voltage Regulation Diode - Iron Reaver.

Shoulders - Oathclaw Mantle - Xhul'horac T18.

Back - Drape of Beckoned Souls - Soulbound Construct.

Chest - Oathclaw Vestment - Mannoroth T18.

Wrist - Gorebound Wristguards - Hellfire Assault.

Weapon - Edict of Argus - Archimonde.

Gloves - Felfinger Runegloves - Archimonde.

Waist - Waistwrap of Banishment - Archimonde.

Legs - Oathclaw Leggings - Gorefiend T18

Feet - Oppressor's Merciless Treads - Tyrant Velhari.

Ring 1 - Shimmering Voidstone Band - Council.

Ring 2 - Etheralus, the Eternal Reward - Legendary Quest.

Trinket 1 - Demonic Phylactery - Soulbound Construct.

Trinket 2 - Unstable Felshadow Emulsion - Xhul'horac.  

Aselya
Officer
Milky Way

Milky Way

re: 6.2 Druids and Monks

Hello! We've had a lot of new members recently and I feel like we need to revisit the idea of class officers again with everyone! Just a reminder that there are 5 of us with dedicated classes that we all know a little more about than the other officers. I will use this forum to post and take ideas about Druids and Monks and I would like to use it to communicate gear ideas with everyone involved. So to start out with I'm going to post here my idea of BiS lists and stat priorities for each class and spec (I will prioritize the ones we have in the raid) and I encourage others to do the same! I can't claim to know all and don't want to claim to know all so if you have ideas or loot preferences please post them here :)

Mistweaver Monks

6.2 has a new special change for mistweavers mostly because of their 4 piece and class trinket along with the changes to spirit that were made last patch that has now officially gone out of control. For those that don't know, mistweaver spirit scales a lot higher than other healing classes because Blizzard has decided that they are going to tie our mana tea return with our flat spirit we get from gear. So not only does spirit give us faster mana regen as it does for other healers but it also directly impacts how much mana we get back from each stack of mana tea. Blizzards idea for doing this was to try to make spirit more necessary for mistweavers but all it really did (in my opinion) is make spirit even less looked for after hitting a certain breakpoint (1600 spirit is the universally agreed upon breakpoint). Of course, there are builds, that rely and exploit this spirit/mana tea change that focus heavily on haste and stacking spirit but it sacrifices crit and spell power in return and I personally don't much like it unless I was relying more heavily on crane stance.  With this spirit change it has also slightly changed how some mw prioritize their stats. I have pretty much always used the stat priority Int> Spirit >= Multistrike > Crit > Versitility > Haste > Mastery . I normally prioritizing multistrike higher than spirit and even occassionally taking the crit over spirit depending how mana intense a fight is (I like to keep multiple sets of trinkets/rings to do this). 

So what changed in 6.2?

1. Haste has become more valuable mostly because of the set bonus' changing and because of the lowering need of spirit which for mw relates also to crit which gives us more mana tea. Haste is mostly more valuable only because of the loss of the T17 2pc for crane stance.

2. There are essentially 2 new different builds that can be used for healing. Not only is there now serpent stance build vs crane stance build but there is also a 4pc build and a class trinket build (they are both very good but they do not synergize well but luckliy they are both for completely different situations).

Stat Priority for 6.2: Int > Spirit (to 1600 ish) > Multistrike > Crit >= Haste (depending on the build you want to go for) > Versatility > Mastery 

Why 1600 spirit? 

Mana Tea Consumes 1 stack of Mana Tea per 0.5 sec to restore mana equal to 4 times your unbuffed Spirit. For each 4 Chi you spend, you gain 1 stack of Mana Tea, with a chance equal to your critical strike chance to generate 1 extra stack. Monk - Mistweaver Spec. Instant (Channeled).

Previous to patch 6.1 spirit did not effect the amount your mana tea gave back instead it was a flat amount of mana per stack. Now it changes based on your spirit. Before 6.1 the base mana it returned was 6400 per stack of mana tea. In order to equal that mana return post 6.1 you would need 1600 base spirit. So this spirit "cap" is ok if you liked how your mana was pre 6.1. 

What is the 2 pc and 4 pc?

(2) Set (Mistweaver): Your Renewing Mist also applies Extend Life to the initial target, instantly healing them for [ 105.8% of Spell Power ] and increasing all healing done to them by 15% for 12 sec.

Your Rising Sun Kick increases the damage the target receives from your abilities by an additional 6%.

(4) Set (Mistweaver): When you heal with Enveloping Mist or Uplift, 50% of the heal is also applied to targets with your Extend Life effect.

When you Rising Sun Kick, you have a 50% chance to apply Renewing Mist on a nearby injured ally. 

This translates to one of the best if not the best healing sets in the game for this tier with a 15%-25% increase in healing. It's worth noting that the 2 pc only increases healing done on the target for the mistweaver and is not all healing from all sources. I also thought of Gil when I saw the 4 pc for the crane stance ;) given our extensive arguments over it. Also, contrary to what this may look like to some people this is actually a single target healing bonus with the 4 pc. The idea is to keep extend life on the tank (or apply all of your renewing mists on your tank to refresh extend life on them) and then you basically have a pally beacon. I hear it makes uplift hit like a truck and enveloping mists absolutely sinful.

So what's up with the Trinket?

Soothing Breeze: Soothing Mist also heals allies around the target for 33%/38%/44% of the primary target.

So basically, it's really OP for fights where we stack more than 6 or 7 people in a group and don't move. RJW + soothing mist with a bunch of haste and and spirit is some pretty ridiculous stack healing. However, this means it would be rather pointless to use renewing mist and uplift to break our soothing mist channel (these cannot be cast while channeling it like other spells) which then makes our 2 and 4 piece useless. It's also been theorized by many mistweavers that this trinket is to balance out our tier 100 talents more and give us a reason to take something other than Pool of Mists which gives us three charges to our renewing mist spell. No one really uses anything else right now but the mechanic for this trinket would force us to use chi explosion which is cast-able while channeling soothing and is actually quite a strong healing spell. It just gets heavily outweighed when uplift and renewing mist is the primary means of healing. 

Best in Slot List (most widely accepted): 

Helm: Mask of the Hurricane's Eye - Kormrok
Neck: Locket of Unholy Reconstitution - Mannoroth
Shoulders: Mantle of the Hurricane's Eye - Xhul'horac
Chest: Tunic of the Soulbinder - Socrethar
Cloak: Drape of Beckoned Souls - Socrethar
Bracers: Bloodcult Bracers - Killrog Deadeye
Gloves: Fistwraps of the Hurricane's Eye - Socrethar
Belt: Waistwrap of Banishment - Archimonde
Pants: Legwraps of the Hurricane's Eye - Gorefiend
Boots: Jungle Assassin's Footpads - Trash Loot
Ring 1: Etheralus, the Eternal Reward - Quest
Ring 2: Ring of Foul Temptation - Shadow-Lord Iskar

Trinket 1: Unstable Felshadow Emulsion - Xhul'horac
Trinket 2: Demonic Phylactery - Socrethar
Trinket 3: Intuition's Gift - Killrogg
Trinket 4: Auto-Repairing Autoclave - Blackhand

Weapon: Gavel of the Eredar - Archimonde
Off-Hand: Gibbering Madness - Gorefiend

As is obvious by the BiS list, haste is creeping up on the stat priority list with a lot of the slots taking a haste piece over a crit piece that is also available. I will reserve judgement on this. Naturally it feels against the grain since crit has always been one of our strongest stats but the haste makes sense especially for the bursty nature of this raid tier and because of the trinket. It would also naturally be rising because of how little we need to rely on our crit for mana now that spirit is scaling so high. 

Trinkets in this tier are very different and controversial. In order to save space in this post and not go on a ramble about them you can check out Geodew's Guide to Trinkets to learn out more about MW and the trinket options in this tier.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Marshmallow Cupcakes Forum Index -> Druids/Monks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: